Re: One by one, but not in bulk

> On 7 Sep 2016, at 17:31, Phil Archer <phila@w3.org> wrote:
>
> Should I still write the use case? IMO, where we have cases like this that ODRL can handle already, it's about explanation in the Primer, but how are we going to capture these now, if not in the UCR?

I think we have a stronger case to develop an “ODRL Examples and Implementors NOTE”.
The current ODRL Information Model is not overtly complex, as we separated out the more technical encoding stuff and the long lists of terms.
And we are not in the scenario of, say, PROV, that is a family of 12 specs, and needed a Primer.

An “ODRL Examples and Implementors NOTE” could even take the UCs from the current UCR NOTE and also show how they are implemented (in a syntax of choice) and then can be used as our Test Cases for later confirmation of ODRL by independent implementors [1].

Renato Iannella, Monegraph
Co-Chair, W3C Permissions & Obligations Expression (POE) Working Group

[1] https://www.w3.org/2015/Process-20150901/#implementation-experience