Re: [Minutes] 2016-08-22

> On 22 Aug 2016, at 23:05, Phil Archer <phila@w3.org> wrote:
>
>   simonstey: feels that can be solved this way: having a time
>   constraint closing on date 1 and a permission starting on date
>   1 +1day, all in one policy
>   ... a relative statement could be "the permission B gets active
>   after constraint X has expired"
>
>   phila: sound interesting, will we explain somewhere that this
>   can be done already with ODRL
>   ... such use cases should be documented somewhere - I need this
>   for my project

We have 11 scenarios in the ODRL Information Model [1] which are aimed at explaining/showing how ODRL expresses some common uses. Scenario 8 [2] shows how to use a Permission and Prohibition together which could be the solution to Use Case 03 [3].

Perhaps we should update the narrative of some of the Info Model Scenarios to be more “realistic” (as they were made-up at the time) to showcase more relevant uses?

Also, how do people react to the UML Object diagrams? Does it help in understanding the scenario?

(Note: We should also add direct links from the Scenarios to the Vocab/Express doc to show encodings..added to issue list)

Renato Iannella, Monegraph
Co-Chair, W3C Permissions & Obligations Expression (POE) Working Group

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/odrl-model/#scenarios
[2] https://www.w3.org/TR/odrl-model/#permissionAndProhibition
[3] https://www.w3.org/TR/poe-ucr/#embargoedDataset