Re: [Fwd: [privacymgmt-discuss] OASIS "Operational Aspects of Privacy Management" Discussion List]

Hi Ashok,

OASIS does here what W3C was urged not to do[1]: Do not create yet another
policy language or reference model.
As far as I can see, they duplicate work of ISO/IEC JTC 1 SC27 WG 5 and also
compete with the stated goal at the ACAS Workshop[2] that TC XACML should make
their technology fit for transborder data flow across companies and to try
thinking about making it fit for Internet consumption. I'm rather concerned
about the creation of inconsistencies. The constituency looks rather US
driven.

1.http://www.w3.org/2006/07/privacy-ws/
2.http://www.w3.org/2009/policy-ws/

Best,