Re: PLING - Call to Action....

From: Renato Iannella <renato@iannella.it>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 14:33:02 +1000
Cc: pling <public-pling@w3.org>
To: <jeanpierre.lerouzic@orange-ftgroup.com> <jeanpierre.lerouzic@orange-ftgroup.com>

P3P certainly had it critics [1] - but I think this effort was not wasted and extremely useful now in designing what/how a privacy "system" would work today on the web. P3P came out when we were all fearful of "cookies" - but times have changed and we have a better understanding of both the process to develop such proposals and a wider range of experiences to deal with it....

Cheers

Renato Iannella
http://renato.iannella.it

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P3P#Criticisms