Re: PLING - Call to Action....

From: Renato Iannella <renato@iannella.it>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 12:58:17 +1000
To: pling <public-pling@w3.org>

On 17 Aug 2010, at 18:28, <jeanpierre.lerouzic@orange-ftgroup.com> <jeanpierre.lerouzic@orange-ftgroup.com> wrote:

> Another thing about auditability is that it involve some notarial recording, here with the "privacy ruleset" there is no record about what the user specified, so no legal enforcement could be achieved

We "mapped" the W3C Ruleset to the ODRL policy language:

So that a more formal representation can be asserted by an individual, and managed by a "policy framework".

My intent on highlighting this piece of work is that there seems to be an opportunity now to be more proactive and start to scope what a "W3C Policy/Privacy" language/ruleset working group activity may look like that can address these and wider interests across W3C (eg the W3C Social Web policy framework [1]).

Renato Iannella

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/FinalReport#Privacy_Framework