Berners-Lee: Semantic Web will have privacy built-in

From: Renato Iannella <renato@nicta.com.au>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 12:18:49 +1000
To: public-pling@w3.org
"Berners-Lee: Semantic Web will have privacy built-in"
<http://news.zdnet.co.uk/security/0,1000000189,39626896,00.htm>

Quotes include:

"In addition, the project will include accountable data-mining
components, which let people know who is mining the data, and its
teams are looking at making the web adhere to privacy preferences set
by users. The whole project was geared towards privacy enhancement,
Berners-Lee said. The teams "are building systems to be aware of
different data uses", he said."

Perhaps we should invite TBL to our next call !

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
NICTA