RE: Geolocation Last Call

I feel Firefox 3.5 has got something right with its latest offering wrt clickstream data privacy. It includes a simple private browsing on/off choice and "forget the last x hours of browsing".

I think we need a simple user interface, not a complex access control standard (there are plenty) or an "apply Heisenberg's uncertainty principle" button. This is still what's missing for location privacy stuff. With location we need a simple to understand button such as "blur my location" or "make me fuzzy" - or something better...

Re inference, in case you have not seen it, this paper recently published by Alessandro Acquisti and Ralph Gross http://www.cmu.edu/news/archive/2009/July/july6_ssnprediction.shtml is interesting.