Re: HTML 5 - Licensing Works

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 3:35 AM, Hal Abelson<hal@mit.edu> wrote:
> Is there a reason for choosing to write itemprop=license rather the
> rel=license?

That's the system of the "microdata" proposal, which is what Ian Hixie
(HTML5 editor) added to their spec after long and sometimes heated
discussion with members of the RDFa community. It is based on RDFa but
with various adjustments and changes. Discussion is ongoing as to
whether it's a good thing, a travesty, a step in the right direction,
or whatever.

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/microdata.html
http://ajaxian.com/archives/hixie-discusses-the-addition-of-html5-microdata
http://fberriman.com/2009/05/24/html5-microdata-over-cooked/

Here's another example:

The "item" piece here is non-XML HTML. I'm not sure how it would be
written in HTML5's XML version (but it clearly won't copy/paste well
into XML environments).

hope this helps,

Dan