Re: Future Internet Conference and Technical Workshops, May 2009, Prague

Rigo Wenning wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I was on a coordination meeting of the European commission concerning
> all FP6 and FP7 projects concerning "Future Internet" on 22
> September.
>
> One of the key issues identified during that conference was "metadata"
> and data handling. I think PLING participants are interested in this
> area of work.
>
> The next step will be the Future Internet Conference and Technical
> Workshops in May 2009 in Prague (Czech Rep.) I wanted to convey you
> the call for papers:
>
> http://www.future-internet.eu/publications/fi-conference-publication/call-for-papers.html
>
> Submission deadline is October 30, 2008

See also brief discussion on the SWIG list,
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2008Sep/0075.html

I'm still interested to learn more about John's statement there, that...
"Semantics as a topic is taken into consideration in Future Internet
meetings. The Web is not."

cheers,

Dan

--