Antwort: Draft IG Charter -- Your Comments, Please

Dear Thomas and dear all,

thanks for setting up the draft charter. I followed the discussions so far
and wish to renew my intention to join the Interest Group.

has been created last week.

A point that needs to be clarified in my opinion is whether the IG will
discuss "any" policy languages or focus on "privacy, access control, and
obligation management areas", as specified in Section 2. I would prefer a
focus.

I also suggest explicitly adding "privacy preferences" to the Scope. They
may be subsumed to "user-led requirements". From the user's perspective,
privacy preferences are the starting point when assessing a data handling
procedure. Compliance needs to be assured between a user's preferences and
the actual data practices, or - speaking in languages - for instance,
between an XPref policy and a P3P policy.

Regarding the Mission, I suggest to add to the first paragraph: "The
Interest Groups aims at enabling an integrated policy-driven workflow to
guide actions and processes."

Best regards, Sören.