Re: Policy Negotiation

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 11:54:12 +0100
To: ashok.malhotra@oracle.com
Cc: Renato Iannella <renato@nicta.com.au>, Paul Denning <pauld@mitre.org>, public-pling@w3.org
Dear all,

Having done P3P and being part of the PRIME EU Project, I can tell you
that requirements are the wrong discussion. We have to start
discussing use cases that will create requirements. Some parts of the
requirements generated that way are already implemented by SAML,
XACML, kerberos and the like. Other things are more cutting edge.

So instead of starting to talk about a general negotiation framework,
I would rather start to discuss the very concrete issue we to solve.

Best,

Rigo

On Wednesday 21 November 2007, ashok malhotra wrote:
> Policy Negotiation was not in the charter of WS-Policy.  But, more
> importantly, although several people were interested,
> no one was able to put forward a coherent description of
> requirements in this area.  If we want to move forward on this,
> someone shd take a stab at setting out what we need.
[..]
[...]
http://people.cs.uct.ac.za/~aarnab/drm/papers/Arnab-Hutchison-DMP-IDP-3-Proposal.pdf