Re: Query/response mapping between different policy systems

Hi Somaya,

could you elaborate a bit more on your goals? Do you want to investigate
interactions between different frameworks (using the same policy language and
characteristics) or mapping between different policy languages?

If you refer to the latter, there was a short paper in POLICY 2007 ("Web Rule
Languages to Carry Policies") on that direction. However, my main concern is
about the scenario in which such approach is useful. If you try to map two
different policy languages, there are two possibilities:
- Both languages have same expressiveness. Otherwise, part of the meaning of
the policy is lost. I don't know of scenarios in which that would be
acceptable, but if you have I would be very interested.
- Identify the common subset of the two languages and restrict the policies to
that subset in order to allow for 100% mappings.

Cheers,

	D.

--
     Dr. Daniel Olmedilla
     L3S Research Center and Hannover University

     Phone: +49 (0)511-762.17741
     Fax:   +49 (0)511-762.17779

     http://www.L3S.de/~olmedilla/
     E-Mail: olmedilla@L3S.de