Re: L'Ingénierie philosophique de Rudolf Carnap

Hi all:I am reading this essay. Nice.

Please, let's do have in mind and in consideration the critic of Van
Orman _Quine_, to have a pleasant read on Carnap's work, and to not fail
on the same misunderstoods.

Asap I have some ideas after the read, shall I share 'em here? Would it
be of common interest for anyone?

Cheers

---

delfin@delfiramirez.info
http://delfiramirez.info [4]

 skype username: segonquart [5]
twitter:@delfinramirez
common weblog: http://delfiramirez.blogspot.com [6]
Directory of Experts in Information Handling [7]
about: Technology Lover & good cook.
place: Somewhere over Europe.
My Digital Signature [8]

On 05/06/2015 19:47, Pat Hayes wrote:

> I got into AI partly from reading Carnap's "Logical structure of the world" (while I was an undergraduate reading mathematics) and then I noticed the extraordinary parallels with what John McCarthy was writing in his early 'advice taker' memos. I think Carnap deserves to be honored as the true pioneer of what we now call ontology engineering.
>
> Pat Hayes
>
> On Jun 5, 2015, at 7:11 AM, henry.story@bblfish.net wrote:
>
>> An article by Alexandre Monin in French currently ties the semantic web to Rudolf Carnap. https://www.academia.edu/12685943/L_ing%C3%A9nierie_philosophique_de_Rudolf_Carnap._De_l_IA_au_Web_s%C3%A9mantique [1] Henry Social Web Architect http://bblfish.net/ [2]

> IHMC (850)434 8903 home
> 40 South Alcaniz St. (850)202 4416 office
> Pensacola (850)202 4440 fax
> FL 32502 (850)291 0667 mobile (preferred)
> phayes@ihmc.us http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes [3]

Links:
------
[1]