Re: [saag] Liking Linkability

On 10/19/12 9:31 AM, Ben Laurie wrote:
>> >So perhaps it is up to you to answer: why should I not want that?
> I am not saying you should not want that, I am saying that ACLs on the
> resources do not achieve unlinkability.

You keep on saying this but I simply don't agree. I gave you an example
of a PKCS#12 file sent to you and a phone call during which its access
password is exchanged. How do you the recipient of that data even
understand the basis of the data access policy associated with the
protected resource to which it will provide access? You don't know the
nature of my data access policy. It doesn't say: grant access to the
subject of this certificate. But seem to assume that it can only test
that claim when you repeat the claim above.

You don't know the logic behind my assessment of your nebulous identity.
You aren't in my head. The beauty of logic is that it allows me express
a good chunk of what's in my head via notation.

A machine is linkable via DNS. A document is linkable via an HTTP URL, I
am not linkable because I (like you and every other human) is endowed
with cognitive powers and the ability to exploit temporality. We are
really difficult to pin down, even more so with the explosion of
networking devices, software etc.. that are loosely associated with us.

I can't stop you using the words, but I can assure you that you claims
are refutable via logic.

What I would really like you to do is point us to an working example of
something that meets your goals. Then we have something to compare.
Bottom line, somebody will learn something useful and everyone will be
ultimately be better off etc..

Links:

1.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/belief/2009/jul/27/heidegger-being-time-philosophy

2. http://twitpic.com/1g03vo/full -- you can't really pin down the
entity depicted in that image, contrary to what you might think due to
Web perception illusion.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen