Re: [saag] Liking Linkability

On 9 October 2012 14:19, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
> Still in my conversations I have found that many people in security spaces
> just don't seem to be  able to put the issues in context, and can get sidetracked
> into not wanting any linkability at all. Not sure how to fix that.

You persist in missing the point, which is why you can't fix it. The
point is that we want unlinkability to be possible. Protocols that do
not permit it or make it difficult are problematic. I have certainly
never said that you should always be unlinked, that would be stupid
(in fact, I once wrote a paper about how unpleasant it would be).

As I once wrote, anonymity should be the substrate. Once you have
that, you can the build on it to be linked when you choose to be, and
not linked when you choose not to be. If it is not the substrate, then
you do not have this choice.