Re: Bad authoring? Bad name computation? Something else?

Joanie,

A followup.

On 2015-09-21 7:51 PM, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
> We are, I believe, telling user agents to:
>
> 1. Calculate the name of the label from contents
>
> 2. Expose an accessible labelled-by/label-for pair between the radio
>     button and label
>
> and then telling ATs to ignore the result of the above.
>
> If the AT should ignore it, wouldn't it make more sense -- and be more
> performant -- for the user agents to not do the above two items?

Given:
<input id="rad" type="radio">
<label for="rad">yes</label>

1. The name is calculated based on the contents of the <label>.
2. A labelled-by/label-for relationship is exposed between the radio
button and the label.

But, in this case, there is no inconsistency between the name and the
relationship, and ATs need not ignore the result of the above. Or, are
you arguing that, generally, the relationship is not needed?

--
;;;;joseph.

'Array(16).join("wat" - 1) + " Batman!"'
            - G. Bernhardt -