From: White, Jason J [mailto:jjwhite@ets.org]
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2015 12:08 PM
To: Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com>
Cc: James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>; Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>; Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs@igalia.com>; lwatson@paciellogroup.com; WAI Protocols & Formats <public-pfwg@w3.org>
Subject: Re: ARIA 1.1: Deprecate @aria-grabbed and @aria-dropeffect

> On Sep 14, 2015, at 13:05, Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> No. I'm proposing that when natively accessible drag&drop is available, the jQuery UI implementation will update to use the native, accessible version in capable browsers, leaving the current implementation as a fallback polyfill.

Based on a quick review (HTML 5.1, section 5.7), it seems that the native drag and drop API provides everything needed to support accessibility without any assistance from ARIA.

There’s an appropriate role for the HTML accessibility task force in monitoring the development of the spec to ensure taht accessibility continues to be well supported.

Thank you for your compliance.