From: Bryan Garaventa [mailto:bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com]
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2015 3:07 PM
To: James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>
Cc: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>; Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs@igalia.com>; lwatson@paciellogroup.com; WAI Protocols & Formats <public-pfwg@w3.org>
Subject: RE: ARIA 1.1: Deprecate @aria-grabbed and @aria-dropeffect

> You're not cancelling your key events properly, so it doesn't work on Mac OS X El Capitan, either.

Actually that's not the problem, I'm using event.preventDefault().

This is the problem:
http://www.quirksmode.org/js/keys.html

Cross browser key support is a mess. When I wrote that in 2013 I used 'keypress' for several keystrokes which is likely what you are talking about. I'll move this into 'keydown' instead.

Regarding the ARIA attributes, this seems like a case of throwing the baby out with the bath water.