RE: aria-current concerns from Apple

Probably, although I can't immediately think of a good example.

> 2. Would the double "tt" make it easy for authors to misspell the
attribute?

Possibly, although in a trade-off against more meaningful attribute names,
I'd say it's an acceptable risk. I rarely come across -labelledby spelt
incorrectly, even amongst US English speaking developers, and think that's a
far more likely candidate for mis-spelling.

> 3. Has the working group considering making this attribute freeform text
>    instead of a token value? Consider it similar to @aria-roledescription.

We did. That was the way the definition was originally written, but the TF
decided against it for easier localisation, and to encourage more
consistency in the way ATs indicated different types of current thing.

Léonie.

--
Senior accessibility engineer @PacielloGroup @LeonieWatson