Re: Concern with prose in @aria-errormessage

> On Sep 11, 2015, at 03:58, James Craig <jcraig@apple.com> wrote:
>
> Please change it to recommend one or the other (either @aria-errormessage or live regions) but not both simultaneously.
+1

The spec, as currently drafted, is going to confuse Web application authors very effectively, as they won’t know how to decide whether to use live regions or not in this case, or whether the user’s experience will differ depending on the choice that is made.

My view is that error messages should always be announced and presented in braille as soon as aria-invalid becomes true, provided of course that aria-errormessage is specified on the element. I suppose someone could argue for finer control using a polite rather than an assertive region, but I can’t think of a persuasive use case for it.

Thank you for your compliance.