RE: ACTION-1710: Rich Get with Freedom Scientific on our solution for listitem roles

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger [mailto:schwer@us.ibm.com]
Sent: 01 September 2015 00:27
"Let me explain. In HTML an anchor tag can span lots of content. It is essentially a container. You could in fact have paragraphs of text and other links inside it."

The HTML spec states that an <a> element cannot contain other interactive elements [1]. With thanks to Steve for pointing me to the right place, the following is taken from the definition of the <a> element:

Content model: Transparent , but there must be no interactive content descendant.

Léonie.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/text-level-semantics.html#the-a-element

--

Senior accessibility engineer @PacielloGroup @LeonieWatson