Re: ACTION-1711: Get with Alex Surkov to discuss name from content removal from listitems

Hi, Joseph. It's not a backward compatible change, so I would probably not
wake up a sleeping dog.

On the contrary to your arguments, accessible name is a primary text
property that is read when an element is focused. When the user navigates a
listbox moving the focus through items one by one then each item should be
announced. Thus list item content exposed as accessible name looks
appropriate. At least it matches the way how assistive technologies handle
the focus.