Re: issue-633 Updates to grid and gridcell roles

On 2015-10-01 12:05 PM, Matt King wrote:
> I saw that comment in the code.
> I don't think we need to focus on selection in the short description.

Initially, I didn't think it mattered that much.  But, then in another
thread, Alex Surkov asked:

> Shouldn't gridcell role be deprecated eventually? I think there's no
> need in gridcell role since cell role can be used for that, similar to
> we don't have a gridrow role.

And, Steve Faulkner asked:
> should td map to cell when parent table has role=grid, aria-readonly=true?

There appears to be confusion regarding the differences between grid and
table, and gridcell and cell.  One of those differences involves
selection.  That's why I changed my mind.

--
;;;;joseph.

'Array(16).join("wat" - 1) + " Batman!"'
            - G. Bernhardt -