Re: Action-1734, Action-1708, Action-1709: Proposal for a Figure Role

On 30 November 2015 at 14:54, John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com> wrote:

> I don’t get to decide here, but I am not a huge fan of dismissing real
> needs and real use-cases on behalf of expediency, and as recently as this
> weekend I was reviewing actual content from an educational publisher who
> had both captions and long descriptions on their complex graphics. I’m not
> sure what Steve looked at, but a representative sampling may not have
> caught enough of the edge (but substantial edge) case here.

The concerns about figcaptions being used for lengthy descriptive text was
raised by the a11y taskforce way back (2011):

http://www.w3.org/2011/06/16-html-a11y-minutes.html#item01

JB: from research i have been doing on it the instances in which you will

--

Regards

SteveF
Current Standards Work @W3C