RE: Possible Carousel demo for the APG, please review.

Also, this exposes a bug in JAWS16 in IE11 where it won't recognize the shared button grouping between the Prev and Next buttons, though there is no reason why this should be the case since this is simply a role="group" with embedded role="button" elements. Confirmed using JAWS16 + IE11 + Win7. I'm not sure if this occurs in JAWS17 however or in later OS versions.

This also makes use of the new aria-current attribute within the numerical indicators as well, though there is currently no browser or AT support for this as yet. This can be examined within the DOM using a DOM viewer utility.

From: Bryan Garaventa [mailto:bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com]
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2015 11:48 AM
To: 'PF' <public-pfwg@w3.org>
Subject: Possible Carousel demo for the APG, please review.

Hi,

I've been working on a carousel demo that uses different concepts than those previously explored such as Tabs and Listboxes, which I find to be more intuitive from a UX perspective. This is meant to be in accordance with the guidance at

http://www.w3.org/WAI/tutorials/carousels/

This is live at

http://whatsock.com/tsg/Coding%20Arena/Carousels,%20Slideshows,%20and%20Wizards/Carousel%20(Flat%20from%20XML%20with%20Overrides)/demo.htm

This uses standard button roles plus named region and group to identify associated button groupings, plus CSS tooltips for added keyboard-only user accessibility support, plus a one tab stop scrollable slide region for single keypress navigation if desired for keyboard-only users.

The slides just include images at the moment as placeholders, but can be anything from multiple images, combinations of images and links and form fields, etc.

Please let me know if I've missed anything or if anything looks off.

Thanks,

Bryan