Re: Action-1640

> On May 21, 2015, at 6:42 AM, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> We are doing that James but we need a layer that works with web driver

WebDriver is a Windows-specific tool. Perhaps even specific to Internet Explorer, is it not?

> and Selenium that talks to the API exposed by webkit. We are doing this to test the accessibility API mapping on all the platforms.

That sounds a lot like the old AIA project. Have any other UA implementors expressed an interest in this?

Seems like the better approach is to push harder for Element.computedRole() and other related DOM interfaces so these can be standard tests in JavaScript through any number of platform-specific tools, including but not limited to WebDriver, Selenium, etc.

James