From: Alexander Surkov [mailto:surkov.alexander@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2015 4:05 PM
To: Gunderson, Jon R
Cc: W3C WAI Protocols & Formats
Subject: Re: aria-interactive and the authoring/debug process problems

I think of aria-interactive as one step forward to custom roles since it is a way to describe roles. I think I agree that new widget - new role approach would be preferable as the new role is completely spec'd out and reusable, but it probably doesn't work for the web diversity.

To address the authoring errors problem, we may not allow to override interactive value on certain roles.