From:   Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
To:     "W3C WAI Protocols & Formats" <public-pfwg@w3.org>,
Date:   03/26/2015 04:22 PM
Subject:        Okay - I admit it - I HATE Implicit Value for Role
Sent by:        ahby@aptest.com

In ARIA 1.1 [1] there is a table row in some rows entitled "Implicit Value
for Role".

I have two problems with this.

First, wow, that name is awful.  It implies (apologies for the pun) that
it is about a value for role.  It is not.

Second, when there is content (which is rare) it says things like "Default
for aria-live is assertive."  That's probably correct, but I need more.
Why is this the case?  And does it convey this to subclasses of the role
if there are any?  Enquiring minds want to know.

Sorry if this sounds like I am trivializing this.  I don't mean to.  This
category of information about roles is confusing.  And I don't feel like
this is an area where we really want confusion.

[1] http://w3c.github.io/aria/aria/aria.html

--
Shane McCarron