Re: Firefox accessibility API mapping questions

What you say makes sense, but as long as it concerns to error handling it's
not a big deal from AT perspective which way we handle it. The
implementation matters though. In Firefox we used to treat @role attribute
presence as indication of the accessible (except role="presentation"), thus
the requirement to not create an accessible sounds like extra work for me.