Re: Question about "Implicit value for Role"

It¡¯s about authoring convenience. For example, role=alert has an implicit value of ¡°assertive¡± so the author just needs to write:

    role="alert"

Not:

    role="alert" aria-live="assertive"

We document the "implicit values for roles," otherwise the default value would be the default for the attribute, which is "off" for aria-live.