Re: Action-1293 Proposal

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 1:19 PM, Dominic Mazzoni <dmazzoni@google.com>
wrote:

> I still don't understand what this line is supposed to mean:

> loaded -->
>
> If the intended meaning of this line is that "there are 49 rows following
> this one that aren't loaded yet",

yes

> then I don't see how that's useful information to annotate. I'm not aware
> of an existing native accessibility API that has a way to express this, nor
> am I aware of any screen reader that announces anything like this.

Rather, most APIs and screen readers primarily concern themselves with (1)
> the coordinates of the current cell, (2) the span of the current cell, and
> (3) the total number of rows and columns in the table.
>

> Everything else is just implied or discovered - for example if you
> navigate down from row 1 and reach row 100, clearly the rows in-between
> were missing - but that's implicit, not explicit.

I don't know if that info is useful for AT. Is your point that there's no
point to put aria-rowcount on the row because there's no any profit for AT
in that?

Just in case here's original Joanie's use case [1].

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2015Jan/0160.html