Agenda: July 2, 2015 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

Time of meeting is 12:30PM EST, 9:30AM PST, 16:30 UTC, duration is 1.5
hours
Webex:

To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)

1. Go to
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m5d67b552441a72bd1f52d696ad273d2e
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password: aria
4. Click "Join".

To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link:
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=me951f7d47a1693445046a85f72160caf

To join the audio conference only
To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the
meeting, or call the number below and enter the access code.
US Toll Number: +1-617-324-0000

Access code:640 582 571
Mobile Auto Dial:+1-617-324-0000,,,640582571#

IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #aria.

- Identify Scribe

- Heads Up Items:
 - Michael to chair while Rich is on vacation July 2 through July 19
 - aria-describedat from publishers mid-august
  - I am letting the keyboard shortcuts proposal discussion run a little
longer. There is good discussion on the list.

Discuss Freeze Date for Next Heartbeat Draft and what else we need in it -
Rich

Cleanup issues and actions (Getting 1.1 out the door):

- Action 1591 The checkbox roles does not support aria-readonly (note: no
issue was filed)
  - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1591
- ARIA-Readonly aria-readonly should apply to checkbox, check menu item,
switch, and radio menu item. It should not apply to radio. This will
require a corresponding taxonomy change. (Joanie)
- Action 1592 Switch role should not support "mixed" for aria-checked
(Joanie)
  - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1592
- Action 1417 Localized role description (Joanie)
 - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1417

Meaty topics:

- Issue 683, 689, 655, 670 Make aria-level a required attribute for
role="heading". Also discuss values of "auto" and "subsection".
- https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/683
- https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/689

- Issue 651 aria-invalid should support more types of errors. Wants it to
point to an error message
- https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/651
- Issue 669 Need ability to differentiate errors and reference error
messages (Rich)
  - Some comments: Need a separate description for errors so they may be
treated differently from help descriptions. (response time to announce
these needs to be faster)
 - Would like the ability to categorize the importance of messages.
(Cognitive needs the concept of an "importance level")
  - Posted to the list:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2015Jun/0131.html

- Action 1642 aria-keyshortcut
- https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1642
- Charles comments:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2015Jun/att-0135/00-part
- James Craig comments:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2015Jun/0071.html
- Dominique's response to James:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2015Jun/0089.html
- Current Proposed text:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2015Jun/0029.html
Notes: James raise some concerns about the DOM3 events spec. However, it is
the standard and we are not in a position of changing that.
Notes: Dominique states that when http requests are made we can determine
the locale but not the keyboard attached. So, the best guess is to
define keyboard mappings based on locale.

- Review Open Action Items and Issues (Many overdue items - need to get new
dates and determine if must reassign)
- https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/17