RE: Agenda: June 25, 2015 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

Regrets for this week.

Léonie.

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger [mailto:schwer@us.ibm.com]
Sent: 21 June 2015 19:42
To: WAI Protocols & Formats
Subject: Agenda: June 25, 2015 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

Agenda: June 25, 2015 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

Time of meeting is 12:30PM EST, 9:30AM PST, 16:30 UTC, duration is 1.5 hours
Webex:

To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)

1. Go to
<https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m5d67b552441a72bd1f52d696ad273d2e>
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m5d67b552441a72bd1f52d696ad273d2e
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password: aria
4. Click "Join".

To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link:
 <https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=me951f7d47a1693445046a85f72160caf>
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=me951f7d47a1693445046a85f72160caf

To join the audio conference only
To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the meeting,
or call the number below and enter the access code.
US Toll Number: +1-617-324-0000

Access code:640 582 571
Mobile Auto Dial:+1-617-324-0000,,,640582571#

IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #aria.

- Identify Scribe

- Heads Up Items:
  - aria-describedat from publishers mid-august
   - I am letting the keyboard shortcuts proposal discussion run a little
longer. There is good discussion on the list.

Cleanup issues and actions (Getting 1.1 out the door):

- Issue 655,670 Annotations
 I sent questions to Cynthia for the Office team asking about an
aria-annotationtype="true" on April 27 and did not receive a response.
Suggest moving to ARIA 2.0. Chris Galello has left Microsoft, it is outside
the scope of ARIA 1.1 and should be taken into the context of web
applications where we can focus more time on the issue.
 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/655>   -
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/655
  -  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1455>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1455
  -  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1454>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1454
  -  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/670>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/670   (Remote annotation)
  -  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/655>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/655

- Action 1591 The checkbox roles does not support aria-readonly (note: no
issue was filed)
 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1591>   -
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1591
- Action 1592 Switch role should not support "mixed" for aria-checked
(Joanie)
   - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1592
- Action 1417 Localized role description (Joanie)
  - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1417

Meaty topic Errors: Errors We need a way to expose errors better

- Issue 683, 689, 655, 670 Make aria-level a required attribute for
role="heading". Also discuss values of "auto" and "subsection".
 - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/683
 - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/689

- Issue 651 aria-invalid should support more types of errors. Wants it to
point to an error message
 -  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/651>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/651
- Issue 669 Need ability to differentiate errors and reference error
messages (Rich)
   - Some comments: Need a separate description for errors so they may be
treated differently from help descriptions. (response time to announce these
needs to be faster)
  - Would like the ability to categorize the importance of messages.
(Cognitive needs the concept of an "importance level")
   - Posted to the list:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2015Jun/0131.html

- Review Open Action Items and Issues (Many overdue items - need to get new
dates and determine if must reassign)
 -  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/17>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/17