RE: ARIA 1.1: Deprecate @aria-grabbed and @aria-dropeffect

+1

[...]

> Accessible drag & drop is a feature that may be better left to native
> implementations. It could potentially be solved by some future version of
> ARIA, but I do not believe @aria-grabbed and @aria-dropeffect do the job.
> It's a bad API that should be culled from the 1.1 spec.

Do you think it would be worth proposing an HTML5 extension for this?

> In case there is any objection: I could be convinced to drop the call for
> deprecation if anyone can point to a single real-world web application
(not a
> test case) that works well in any browser+screenreader combo. The example
> should use @aria-grabbed and @aria-dropeffect accurately in conjunction
> with native or scripted drag and drop behavior.

Even in test cases using ARIA to spec, I haven't yet found an example that
works reliably across all (or even most) browser/AT combinations.

Léonie.

--
Léonie Watson - Senior accessibility engineer
@LeonieWatson @PacielloGroup PacielloGroup.com