RE: Agenda: June 18, 2015 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

Regrets . bummer . looks like I won't be able to make it today as planned.
Struggling with a new PC.

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger [mailto:schwer@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 14, 2015 3:25 PM
To: PF
Subject: Agenda: June 18, 2015 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

Agenda: June 18, 2015 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

Time of meeting is 12:30PM EST, 9:30AM PST, 16:30 UTC, duration is 1.5 hours
Webex:

To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)

1. Go to
<https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m5d67b552441a72bd1f52d696ad273d2e>
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m5d67b552441a72bd1f52d696ad273d2e
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password: aria
4. Click "Join".

To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link:
 <https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=me951f7d47a1693445046a85f72160caf>
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=me951f7d47a1693445046a85f72160caf

To join the audio conference only
To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the meeting,
or call the number below and enter the access code.
US Toll Number: +1-617-324-0000

Access code:640 582 571
Mobile Auto Dial:+1-617-324-0000,,,640582571#

IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #aria.

- Identify Scribe

- Heads Up Items:
   - Date for aria-describedat discussion with publishers or do we drop it?
- Janina
    - Want to start wrapping up ARIA 1.1

Cleanup issues and actions:

- Action 1073 (Matt King) aria-selected to reflect that it communicates
selectability
  - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1073
- Issue 691 Add aria-orientation to more roles Bryan
  - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/691
  - aria-orientation:
<http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/aria/aria.html#aria-orientation>
http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/aria/aria.html#aria-orientation
  - Recommend closing this issue as it appears to have been completed.
- Issue 683, 689 Make aria-level a required attribute for role="heading"
Bryan
  - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/683
  - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/689
- Issue 702 The roles model spec. states that keyboard support for roles is
a should vs. a must (should this be a must?) - Bryan
  - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/702
- Issue 697 Remove reference to Frameset from the ARIA root node Rich
  - See definition of role in the Glossary (need to remove <Frameset>)
  - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/697

 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/697>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/697

Meaty topic Errors: Errors We need a way to expose errors better

- Issue 651 aria-invalid should support more types of errors. Wants it to
point to an error message   (James Nurthen)
  -  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/651>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/651
- Issue 669 Need ability to differentiate errors and reference error
messages (Rich)
  - Some comments: Need a separate description for errors so they may be
treated differently from help descriptions. (response time to announce these
needs to be faster)
  - Would like the ability to categorize the importance of messages.
(Cognitive needs the concept of an "importance level")

- Review Open Action Items and Issues (Many overdue items - need to get new
dates and determine if must reassign)
-  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/17>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/17