JF

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger [mailto:schwer@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2015 2:30 PM
To: John Foliot
Cc: 'Joseph Scheuhammer'; 'Cynthia Shelly'; 'David Bolter'; 'Dominic
Mazzoni'; 'James Craig'; 'WAI Protocols & Formats'; 'Alexander Surkov'
Subject: RE: aria-level a required property for role="heading" or a
supported property with an RFC SHOULD for authors

Yes, but lack of a level provides no level context and it does not align
well with an HTML document whose native elements ALL provide a level. The
question is not what the default behavior is when you leave it off but
rather what we should be requiring authors to do. I think Mac does the best
you can do in the absence of a level.

Rich Schwerdtfeger

"John Foliot" ---06/18/2015 04:19:55 PM---+1, I have previously suggested
that this is the better response (holy cow James, we're going 2 for