Re: aria-level a required property for role="heading" or a supported property with an RFC SHOULD for authors

My counter-argument to this is that if a developer of a component does
not know the heading level of the content (which is a real problem
especially in legacy applications which are being retro-fitted) then by
making aria-level required we are forcing them to either guess at the
heading level, or not mark it up as a heading.
In my opinion if the developer doesn't know what heading level to put
they are better to leave the level out rather than guess in order to
pass a validator.

Regards,
James

--
Regards, James

Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
James Nurthen | Principal Engineer, Accessibility
Phone: +1 650 506 6781 <tel:+1%20650%20506%206781> | Mobile: +1 415 987
1918 <tel:+1%20415%20987%201918> | Video: james.nurthen@oracle.com
<sip:james.nurthen@oracle.com>
Oracle Corporate Architecture
500 Oracle Parkway | Redwood Cty, CA 94065