Re: aria-kbdshortcuts property for review - ACTION-1642

I think the definition:

"Indicates keyboard shortcuts that can be pressed to activate widgets,
such as a button, link or menuitem. Any widget that has a default
activation behavior when clicked can have a keyboard shortcut."

Would be more clearly understood if written like:

"Identifies the keyboard keys the application captures in order to
activate the widget. Any widget that has a default activation behavior
when clicked, such as a button, link or menuitem, may have a value for
aria-keys."

Writing it this way makes it more clear that this property is just
documenting what the author has implemented in the application and that
the property itself is not enabling any user-agent provided functionality.
It also puts the statement in the active voice.

Matt King
IBM Senior Technical Staff Member
I/T Chief Accessibility Strategist
IBM BT/CIO - Global Workforce and Web Process Enablement
Phone: (503) 578-2329, Tie line: 731-7398
mattking@us.ibm.com