Re: ACTION-1642: New aria-kbdshortcuts property (for Issue 711)

The ARIA task force agree to put it in the ARIA 1.1 editor's draft for
review. I expect it to show up next week. There will be discussion on
providing help information associated with it.

The HTML working group can decide if it wants to use the ARIA property to
provide greater user control over what keys can be rebound to it. The ARIA
task force does not define browser functionality - that is up to the host
languages and user agents or plugin providers. I co-authored the first
access element draft which was first submitted in 2008. The accesskey
discussion has gone on before that. The HTML working group needs to address
the issue and I agree this does not interfere with that work but given how
long it the accesskey issue was out there and nothing concrete has been
done about it I don't think we should hold up the ARIA train for it.

Thanks for doing all the great work to bring a proposal to the group
Dominic!

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger