Re: [ARIA] Branch with role description property available for review

> On Jun 11, 2015, at 12:19, Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs@igalia.com> wrote:
>
> There was a lot of discussion about localized role description, and I
> did my best to capture the consensus. I might have missed something.

Was it part of the consensus that authors should be advised to limit this property to non-interactive elements?

There are valuable use cases involving interactive elements. An example would be the interactive pie chart-like fraction example that Mark Hakkinen demonstrated at the PF meeting at TPAC last year. It can be made accessible using an ARIA listbox role, but “list box” is not a suitable role name to present to the user - especially a primary school student.

We assume the interactive behavior (including, for example, keyboard conventions) is documented; and in general I think this should be the advice given to authors to address the problem noted in the draft, rather than  that they should confine aria-roledescription (or whatever its name ultimately turns out to be) to non-interactive cases.

Besides this, I think the draft is a change in the right direction.

Thank you for your compliance.