RE: Discussion of adding table role vs using grid with aria-interactive=false in June 3, 2015 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

> I'm wondering if that technique worked for tablist/accordion since it is less complicated than the current grid/aria-interacive proposal.

This never worked, because there is no normative guidance to identify the mapping for the differentiation. No ATs anywhere support this as a result.
E.G There is no reference to the word "accordion" anywhere at
http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-1.1/
Nor within the 1.0 spec.

I'm in favor of making things clearer using clearly defined roles for specific purposes.