Re: [ARIA][Review Request] Action-1678: aria-readonly should support most form field role types

Hi Joanie,

On 2015-07-08 1:09 PM, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
> If aria-readonly should be a supported property of checkbox and textbox
> and switch and... Should it not also be a supported property of:
>
> * ...
> * slider
> * spinbutton

The first sentence of the second paragraph of aria-readonly says:
" This means the user can read but not set the value of the widget".

I'm not sure if this is a problem for enabled but readonly sliders or
spinbuttons, which have a value (aria-valuenow).  For example, does it
mean that users can drag the thumb of the slider, but when they let go,
it snaps back to its original position?  Compare that with a disabled
slider:  the user cannot manipulate the thumb at all.

Note that there is no analogous issue with read-only checkboxes and
switches, since they have a checked state, not a value.

What are the use case for readonly sliders/spinbuttons?  Is it the same
as readonly checkboxes?

--
;;;;joseph.

'Array(16).join("wat" - 1) + " Batman!"'
            - G. Bernhardt -