Re: ARIA Minutes for 2 July

Katie Haritos-Shea writes:
> Excuse me for chiming up now, but why are you considering deprecating
> role=presentation?

Note that the question of deprecating role=presentation has been
deferred as an issue for the ARIA-2.0 timeframe.

The reason for considering deprecation is that role=presentation is no
longer the preferred approach.

The reason for deferring consideration until the ARIA-2.0 timeframe is
that role=presentation is so very widely implemented today.

All this is reflected, however briefly,  in ARIA minutes from 2 July available at:

http://www.w3.org/2015/07/02-aria-minutes.html#item04

Janina