Re: [REVIEW REQUEST] Action-1548: Add aria-current attribute

Hi, Rich. I believe that everything but "false" is mapped to INVALID state
on role="checkbox", but you are right and we do a check when aria-invalid
is exposed as text attribute, so if the value is "grammar" then we expose
"grammar", if "foo" then "true". My concern is the whitelist approach makes
the browser to do extra work, which probably is needed by no one. This
concern of course is applicable to aria-invalid of text containers. If we
have a chance to improve things now then why we'd need to follow the old
pattern?

No whitelist approach is more flexible and performant. If you add a new
value into the spec later then browser implementation doesn't need any
single change, it just works. Anyway AT will process values it supports and
will ignore everything else (treating them as 'true' value).

Thanks.
Alex.