From:   James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>
To:     PF <public-pfwg@w3.org>,
Date:   01/15/2015 11:33 AM
Subject:        ISSUE-605, ACTION-1406: @aria-selected on menuitem

I raised this issue last year, but I may have been mistaken.

ISSUE-605: menuitem role does not allow use of aria-selected
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/605
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1406

In hindsight, it's not clear to me what "selected" would mean on menuitem.
It could be associated with the visible highlight during keyboard
navigation or mouse hover, but that's focus, not selection. Selection
makes sense on menuitemcheckbox and menuitemradio, but that's already
covered by the @aria-checked attribute on those elements.

If there are no objections, I will close the issue and action as "Behaves
Correctly."

James