From: Matthew King [mailto:mattking@us.ibm.com]
Sent: 05 January 2015 09:19
To: WAI Protocols & Formats
Cc: James Nurthen
Subject: Shall we hold Monday, 5 January 2015 WAI-PF ARIA Authoring
Practices Guide Taskforce

Perhaps it was silly to think I would be able to run this meeting on my
first day back. Following is the proposed agenda, but, unfortunately,  I
will not be available to chair.

If James can chair, and a sufficient number of other participants are
available and wish to move forward, then the meeting can go on. Otherwise,
we can save this agenda for Monday January 12.

Those of you who regularly participate, please respond with your
availability and/or preference.

Agenda for Monday, 5 January 2015  WAI-PF ARIA Authoring Practices Guide
Taskforce

Time: 10:00 AM US Pacific, 1:00 PM US Eastern
duration: 1.5 hours
Zakim Bridge: +1.617.761.6200, conference 92473 ("WAIPF")
IRC server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #aria-apg

agenda:

Continue walk-through of existing design patterns in current editor's draft.
Please pre-read the following if you have the opportunity to do so.

1. Menu:  <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-practices/#menu>
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-practices/#menu

Are there additional authoring limitations imposed by menu event
requirements?
In particular, should persistent menus work or do they need to be
discouraged?
UAIG section 5.8.4. Special Events for Menus
 <http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-implementation/#mapping_events_menus>
http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-implementation/#mapping_events_menus

2. Menu button:  <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-practices/#menubutton>
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-practices/#menubutton

3. Popup Menu:  <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-practices/#popupmenu>
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-practices/#popupmenu

Resources:
APG 1.0 editors draft:  <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-practices/>
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-practices/
APG master in rawGit:
<https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/practices/aria-practices.html>
https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/practices/aria-practices.html
APG Open defects:
<https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?component=Practices&list_id=4564
2&product=ARIA&resolution=--->
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?component=Practices&list_id=45642
&product=ARIA&resolution=---
APG Open issues:  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/6>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/6

Matt King
IBM Senior Technical Staff Member
I/T Chief Accessibility Strategist
IBM BT/CIO - Global Workforce and Web Process Enablement
Phone: (503) 578-2329, Tie line: 731-7398
mattking@us.ibm.com