Suggested edit to name and description computation spec -- was Re: Is there a public list of events that should fire when ARIA is used?

Joseph,

I saw the following text in the below referenced section:

> Toggle buttons such as the "Play" button in a media player whose
> label can switch between Pause" and "Play" depending on its toggle
state.

I propose the word toggle should be removed. A toggle button has
aria-pressed set and this causes screen readers to say pressed or not
pressed or something along those lines. If the button label changes,
aria-pressed should not be used. If aria-pressed were used, most screen
readers would read it as "Play button pressed" and Pause button not
pressed". That doesn't make sense.

I propose:
"Buttons such as the "Play" button in a media player whose
label can switch between Pause" and "Play" depending on its state."

Matt King
IBM Senior Technical Staff Member
I/T Chief Accessibility Strategist
IBM BT/CIO - Global Workforce and Web Process Enablement
Phone: (503) 578-2329, Tie line: 731-7398
mattking@us.ibm.com