RE: Agenda for Monday, 31 August 2015 WAI-PF ARIA Authoring Practices Guide Taskforce

Regarding the date picker, I still have reservations about using role=grid for this purpose, since there is no way to distinguish between active versus non active elements within the construct when arrowing around within it, and it's not likely supposed to be 'editable'.

E.G Excerpt from the wiki page at
http://wiki.jqueryui.com/w/page/12137778/Datepicker

"* use grid roles to override table markup semantics to identify the interactive behavior of the date picker"

I also have reservations about the following:

"* Tab into date textbox automatically opens and moves focus to Date Picker Dialog box"

How is a date to be entered manually if a user wishes to?

Also, scanning the page, there appears to be no mention of touch screen support, which is tricky if the Input onFocus automatically activates the date picker.

Bryan Garaventa
Senior Accessibility Engineer
SSB BART Group, Inc.
bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com