Re: More thoughts on ISSUE-736 -- names for list items (Resending to fix links)

On 2015-08-19 1:54 PM, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
> What are the odds that we can get most authors to supply the name? Could
> we not instead modify the name-from-contents computation of list items

This implies that you agree that listitems require a name.  Can you
provide the rationale?  I'm not saying there isn't one, nor that the
requirement is wrong, but I simply don't know (remember?) what the
rationale is/was.

An implication is that if list items don't require a name, browsers are
no longer required to create one from the item's contents.  For
comparison, paragraphs do not require a name.  Paragraphs are containers
of structured text and can be short, medium, or long. What is the
difference between a paragraph and a listitem such that the latter
requires a name?

--
;;;;joseph.

'Array(16).join("wat" - 1) + " Batman!"'
            - G. Bernhardt -