RE: aria-selected removed from role=option in ARIA 1.1?

Thanks :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Joanmarie Diggs [mailto:jdiggs@igalia.com]
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2015 11:12 AM
To: Bryan Garaventa; public-pfwg@w3.org
Subject: Re: aria-selected removed from role=option in ARIA 1.1?

Hi Brian.

On 04/23/2015 08:38 PM, Bryan Garaventa wrote:
> Hi, historically four roles supported aria-selected, gridcell, row,
> option, and tab, as stated at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria/states_and_properties#aria-selected
>
> Now, it looks like option has been removed from 1.1.
> http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-1.1/#aria-selected

This looks like a bug in generation somewhere. I see what you see, that it's not listed. But in the spec file itself (i.e. the HTML file that gets ReSpec-ified into our spec), aria-selected is not only supported for option, it's listed as a required property of option.

I'll look into this. Thanks for the report!
--joanie